Welcome to My Brain

These are my thoughts on a variety of subjects. So welcome to my brain!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Of Bobs and Jasons (Or My Life As a New Christian at OMPC-Part I) copied from Facebook Notes

I was invited to church by a Bob. After the pastor returned from a mission trip to Ireland, I met him. Turned out his name was also Bob. The tone of the worship service is established by this somewhat "eccentric" but really cool music minister named Jason. After a couple of weeks, Bob number one's wife took me to the new members' inquiry class led by, you guessed it, another Jason. So, how do I keep all these awesome people in my life straight? At first, my relationship with Bob number one was hard to explain, but now we are just friends. I use the proper Southern Miss with his wife. Jason, the music minister, is just Jason. The other is Mr. Jason. Bob number one is now Mr. Bob and Bob, the pastor, has now respectfully become Pastor. I had to come up with a system because being a young Christian presents enough challenges without also dealing with "what do I call you?"

*
In retrospect, I'm not so sure "eccentric" was quite the word I was looking for?!?

No comments: