Welcome to My Brain

These are my thoughts on a variety of subjects. So welcome to my brain!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Today's Big Surprise Package

I got my package today! I remembered ordering it, but I wasn't expecting it today. Well, I didn't know when to expect it, but boy was it a happy and exciting moment. It was like Christmas in the house because both my mother and I got some things in it. Who-haw! See, I joined IDF Common Ground and IDF Friends for patients with immune deficiencies and through the message boards learned that there were some free resources available, including some wellness notebooks and binders. So, I went on the website to order my kits. I ordered like everything they would send me. I order the kit for myself and for my mother, who is basically a caregiver. I am now ordering some posters for awareness for some places I frequent in order to help them out.

But here is what I got: a backpack thing with an IGIV bear, play therapy kit and IGIV starter kit; a wellness binder with folders and three hole punch to organize all my important doctor and insurance papers; a wellness notebook for the year that helps me with appointments, medications, how I feel that day, pain level, etc. and includes an order form for next year's kit; a brochure about GammaGard Liquid IGIV; Celina's Story about a patient with a similar story; The ABCs of Kids Like Me and a pack of crayons; My IVIG Book Kit; IGIV's Medical Records booklet; a poster with the warning signs of Primary Immune Deficiency; and there was even a second wellness binder with folders and three hole punch and wellness notebook for my mother to use as well!

Well, needless to say, that was ONE heavy box with some SUPER SWEET stuff!

But, I'm really excited to start using my wellness kit this week and to start helping others understand my condition better. But I'm also really excited to learn how to live with it and how to fight it and how things are going to be and how they'll go these next few weeks and months. Strange as that bear looks, there's something oddly comforting about him and needless to say, the next time I have labs drawn, he's going to be right there beside me! I may be 31, but I still need a comfort object too apparently. I already do dance and music for my therapy and books for my therapy and my blogs are my therapy, so now I have another thing to look forward to.

By the way, I want to put in a plug. I am wanting to look into the possibility of seeing about an allergy dog for my really bad peanut allergy through Angel Service Dogs, but in order to even consider this, I would need sponsorship, so please consider praying over this if you are reading this. My peanut allergy has gotten to the point where if I'm in the same room as someone else who is eating something that contains peanuts or peanut butter, it will trigger an asthma attack. I am also asthmatic to wheat and mushrooms. Thanks.

No comments: